I decided to make a blog about how I get my hair so big, since I get so frequently asked about it! I’ve alwaaaaayyss been one for big hair, Bratz dolls defenitely had an influence on me as a child haha. I naturally have a lot of hair, and it wasn’t always cooperative, but as I got older I learned how to manage it. So here are a few tips I’ve picked up on curls & volume. 🙂
1. Always make sure hair is completely dry, air dried is best. Only because your natural fluff/frizz will come out & it’s less damaging.
2. Start the curl at the root of your head. This will create volume up top, and once the day goes on the curls WILL fall so this will also help keep curls all day.
3. Grab smaller sections of hair rather than big sections. Grabbing smaller pieces will create a more effective,bouncy curl.
4. Always use a heat protectant, but do not over use because that could cause oily hair, which causes flat hair.
5. For big curls a wand works best, a regular curling iron gives soft, beachy waves.
1. Go to sleep with hair lifted above your pillow, or in a loose top knot.
2. Use conditioner only on the very ends of your hair.
3. Create your part on the opposite side of your normal part, this creates instant volume at the crown.
4. Dying your hair definitely has its down sides but there are also benefits! Bleach changes the texture of your hair, and adds body!
5. DRINK LOTS OF WATER. Water is seriously life, and good for literally everything. In this case water hydrates your scalp which prevents breakage and shedding, which means more hair which means vollluummeee! (P.s. The trick is to drink enough water throughout the day, that your pee is clear 🙂
Editing Credits : Tyrone Gilmer